You can add unlimited resources to your account, plus make it possible for customers to select their preferred resources as part of the online booking process.
How to add a Resource
- Go to Management -> Resources. Scroll to the category you wish to add a resource to, then click on the + symbol in the red box.
2. Now enter a name for the resource, and upload an image (optional).
3. If the resource is an employee, and you want them to be able to access your account, then make sure to enter their email address.
4. Do you want your customers to be able to book this resource as part of the online booking process? If so, add a tick to make this resource online bookable.
💡If the resource is in a different time zone to the account owner’s, select their time zone from the drop down. All bookings will be configured to display in the local time zone both for the account owner, and your resource. (Please note, this is an Enterprise feature).
5. Now add the working & booking times. If this resource has very variable availability, the Shift Planner is really helpful for quickly and easily managing their availability. For more on our Shift Plan, check out: manage employee sick leave, holidays, and any other schedule changes using the Shift Plan
Note: In your calendar view, the white cells indicate the working times for a resource!
Define permission types for employees
For employees, you can choose between those permission types:
With this permission an employee can access any resource in your calendar and edit or delete those. The customer database can also be accessed.
A resource with this kind of permission can only access their personal calendar to view, edit and delete appointments. The customer database can also be accessed.
You can assign individual access rights to a resource for each area of the account (calendar, customers, settings, etc.). Here you can also choose between read-only and write permissions. (Only possible in TIMIFY Enterprise).
Separate your resources into categories
Categories help structure how you manage your resources. This is really handy if you have different teams to manage (say marketing, IT, sales) and/or for different types of resources (say rooms, equipment, teams).
- Click on the 📂symbol at the top right to open a new category.
- This next step in important. Your resource can be either online bookable (i.e. they appear in the Booking Widget for your customer to select) or dependent (they are added to a service "invisibly" - for example, each time a certain service is booked, a treatment room is automatically reserved for that booking, but the option for the room doesn't appear in the Booking Widget).
If you want to find out more about how to identify certain Resources as Dependents, have a look here: How to create dependencies between multiple resources