Here's what you need to know:
- To use this app, you need to have an account with Zoom. If you don't have one already, you can open a Zoom account for free here.
- This is a TIMIFY Premium app. However, to support our users who are struggling due to the Covid-19 epidemic, we're offering this app completely for free right up until the end of June 2020.
Here's how the article is structured:
- How to connect Zoom with your TIMIFY account.
- How to manage your Zoom meeting settings.
- Frequently asked questions on the TIMIFY for Zoom app.
- How to uninstall TIMIFY from your Zoom account.
- How to uninstall Zoom from your TIMIFY account.
1. How to connect Zoom with your TIMIFY account.
If you don’t have one already, open a Zoom account here. . Our app works with the free Zoom version as well as the paid versions. Next, log into TIMIFY. You need to connect Zoom with your account. To do this, go to Apps, App Marketplace and select TIMIFY for Zoom. Then hit the Connect with Zoom button.
You’ll get an email from Zoom, asking you to grant TIMIFY access to your account. To continue, confirm that you agree. It could take a few minutes for the connection to be granted. If it’s successful, you should see the message below in your TIMIFY account:
2. How to manage your Zoom meeting settings.
Now it’s time to select which bookings should trigger meetings in Zoom.
Select the services and group bookings you want to make virtual. You might want to add new services and group bookings, and include "virtual" or "Zoom meeting" in the title so that they're easy to identify. You can go and do this now, then come back and select your Zoom meetings from the drop-down.
Next, manage your meeting preferences. Your settings will apply to all Zoom meetings, and you can go back and update these anytime.
Now compose an auto-email to go out to customers with the Zoom access details. Each email will include a unique link to the meeting.
That's it! You're good to go.
4. How to uninstall TIMIFY from your Zoom account.
- Log in to Zoom, and go to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click manage > installed apps and search for the TIMIFY app.
- Select the TIMIFY app.
- Click uninstall.
5. How to uninstall Zoom from your TIMIFY account.
- Log in to TIMIFY, click on apps in the side navigation, and select the tab my apps.
- Click the Zoom app.
- Click the settings cog icon, on the top right hand side of the app window.
- Click uninstall. You'll be asked to type the word UNINSTALL to confirm the you wish to uninstall the app.
3. Service Level Agreement
Using this application complies with our standard service level agreement described here. Whenever a problem occurs feel free to contact our support team via the live chat support in our web app, desktop app, tablet- and mobile apps within the defined working times (Monday – Friday: 09.00 – 17.00 hrs CET). In peak support times we reserve the right to respond to your inquiry within 48 hours .
Q. I have a free Zoom account. Will this work? Do l need a paid-for account?
A. Any Zoom account will work. If you subscribe to a paid account, you'll get more features and other benefits, like longer meeting times.
Q. Do my customers need to have an account with Zoom to attend a meeting?
A. No, only you have to! That’s one of the great things about Zoom. Anyone can attend a meeting, regardless of whether they have an account or not.
Q. What happens if a customer re-schedules their Zoom meeting with me? Or, what if l move a Zoom group booking?
A. If a customer re-schedules, you'll get an alert in your notification center that the booking has been re-arranged. If you move a meeting, an email will be triggered for all attendees, and the meeting details will be included in their confirmation email. In both cases, the link remains the same and will still work. PLEASE NOTE: A rescheduled or deleted booking will not reschedule or delete the meeting in ZOOM, because it is not supported by the ZOOM API:
Q. Can l turn existing bookings in my TIMIFY calendar into Zoom meetings?
A. No. You need to delete the booking and schedule a new booking that can facilitate a Zoom meeting (one of the services or group bookings that you can add in the meeting settings section of the app).