Here's what you need to know:
- To use this app, you need to have an account with GoToMeeting. If you don't have one already, you can open a GoToMeeting account for free here.
- This is a TIMIFY Enterprise app. However, to support our users who are struggling due to the Covid-19 epidemic, we're offering this app completely for free right up until the end of June 2020.
Here's how the article is structured:
- How to connect GoToMeeting with your TIMIFY account.
- How to manage your GoToMeeting meeting settings.
- Frequently asked questions on the TIMIFY for GoToMeeting app.
1. How to connect GoToMeeting with your TIMIFY account.
If you don’t have one already, open a GoToMeeting account here. Our app works with the free GoToMeeting version as well as the paid versions. Next, log into TIMIFY. You need to connect GoToMeeting with your account. To do this, go to Apps, App Marketplace and select TIMIFY for GoToMeeting. Then hit the Connect with GoToMeeting button.
You’ll see a popup asking you to grant GoToMeeting access to your TIMIFY account. To continue, confirm that you agree. It could take a few minutes for the connection to be granted. If you're not redirected to TIMIFY, try refreshing the web app. If it’s successful, you should see the message below in your TIMIFY account:
2. How to manage your GoToMeeting meeting settings.
Now it’s time to select which bookings should trigger meetings in GoToMeeting.
Select the services and group bookings you want to make virtual. You might want to add new services and group bookings, and include "virtual" or "GoToMeeting video call" in the title so that they're easy to identify. You can go and do this now, then come back and select your GoToMeeting meetings from the drop-down.
Next, manage your meeting preferences. Your settings will apply to all GoToMeeting meetings. You can go back and update these anytime.
Now compose a message to your customers. This email will go out to your participants, together with a unique link that we auto-generate for each meeting.
You can activate two additional email reminders for your video meeting, to go out to all participants, including resources. Since the meeting requires a unique link to join, it's handy for participants to get a few reminders - it increases the chances of them being able to access the link.
That's it! You're good to go.
How to uninstall GoToMeeting from your TIMIFY account
- Log in to TIMIFY, click on apps in the side navigation, and select the tab my apps.
- Click on the GoToMeeting app.
- Click the settings cog icon, on the top right hand side of the app window.
- Click uninstall. You'll be asked to type the word UNINSTALL to confirm the you wish to uninstall the app.
Q. I have a free GoToMeeting account. Will this work? Do l need a paid-for account?
A. Any GoToMeeting account will work. If you subscribe to a paid account, you'll get access to more features.
Q. Do my customers need to have an account with GoToMeeting to attend a meeting?
A. No, only you have need an account! Anyone can attend a meeting, regardless of whether they have an account or not.
Q. What happens if a customer re-schedules their GoToMeeting meeting with me? What happens if l move a GoToMeeting group booking?
A. If a customer re-schedules, you'll get an alert in your notification center that the booking has been moved to a different time or date. If you move a meeting, an email will be triggered for all attendees, and the new meeting details will be included in their confirmation email. In both cases, the link remains the same and will still work. The TIMIFY for GoToMeeting app also takes care to reschedule or delete a meeting in GoToMeeting as well.
Q. Can l turn existing bookings in my TIMIFY calendar into GoToMeeting meetings?
A. No. You need to delete the booking and schedule a new booking that can facilitate a GoToMeeting meeting (one of the services or group bookings that you can add in the meeting settings section of the app).