Here's what you need to know:
- To use this app, you need to have an account with Zapier. If you don't have one already, you can open a Zapier account for free here. And if you don't already use Zapier, we recommend you familiarise yourself with it before you do this integration.
- This is a TIMIFY Enterprise app. If you would like to trial Enterprise for free, you can upgrade for two weeks straight from your TIMIFY account.
- In this article we show you how to connect your TIMIFY account to Zapier, and how to create a Zap for MailChimp. We use MailChimp just to give you a feel for how a Zap works - of course you can substitute MailChimp for another app you use.
- If you want more information on what you can achieve with this integeation, a complete list of TIMIFY triggers and actions is available here.
How to integrate Zapier with your TIMIFY account and create a Zap.
- First things first, if you don't already have a Zapier account, you can open an account for free here. Next, log into TIMIFY via your web app. For this integration to work, it's essential that you from your browser. Log in as usual, then go to Apps -> App Marketplace and select TIMIFY for Zapier.
2. An authentication window should open. To connect with Zapier, you need an authentication token. Providing Zapier with this token grants them access to relevent parts of your TIMIFY Calendar. If you agree to sharing your data, go ahead and click on Generate authentication token.
3. Next, click on Go to Zapier App Marketplace. A window will open and you'll be asked to log in to your Zapier account. Once there, search for TIMIFY. Then search for an app to connect TIMIFY with; to show you how to connect from beginning to end, we selected MailChimp. However you can substitute MailChimp for another account.
4. Now, you'll be asked to sign into both accounts. You need to link TIMIFY with another account, so that you can create a Zap:
At this point, you need to copy-paste the token you generated from your TIMIFY web app.
You'll also be asked to authorise Zapier from your MailChimp account.
Now you can create your first Zap. We chose the option create a new customer in TIMIFY to look for a new subscriber in MailChimp. Setting up this Zap means whenever a new customer is added to TIMIFY, they're auto-added as a newsletter subscriber in your MailChimp account.
5. Select New Customer as an action
Then enter what this action should trigger…here we selected add/update subscriber.
Now, turn on your Zap by clicking on the slider button…
And all that's left to do, is give your Zap a name. We called ours, "Customer to subscriber".
That's it. You're good to set up another Zap! To link TIMIFY with another business account, simply go back and search for the third party app you want to connect your TIMIFY account with. For more info on what you can do with TIMIFY and Zapier, check out this article for our complete list of triggers and actions.