Here's what you need to know
- IMPORTANT: the "Standard Survey" is pre-activated to go out to customers after they attend any service and or group booking. To edit or deactivate this survey, read the "How to edit the Standard Survey" section below.
- This app is available for TIMIFY Premium plans. It replaces our previous Feedback App.
1. How to add the Survey App
Go to Apps ⇾ App Marketplace and select the TIMIFY Survey app. To install the app, you need to grant the app access to certain parts of your web app data.
2. How to edit the Standard Survey
- This is important: as soon as you download the app (or transfer over from using the Feedback App), a survey, "Standard Survey" will display under the "Survey Templates" tab. This two question survey is set by default to go out to your customers following on from their attending any service or group with you. For that reason, we recommend that you edit this survey as a priority. Simply click on the edit button, marked out below, to open the survey template.
- The first question displays automatically; to view the second question, you need to expand the view.
Tip: Click on the arrow to expand (or close) a question form - we drew a circle around this setting below.
Tip: Click and hold the reorder icon to drag and drop questions - we pointed this setting out using the arrow below.
- The first question uses a simple text box, or "Comment box", for the customer to complete. (See above)
- The second question uses a star rating, with a range of five pre-selected. You can adjust this to display anywhere from 3-10. We've also pre-selected "Add multiple options for rating": this allows you to gather further information, on the variables we added. What's more, you can select your preferred icon, and even your preferred colour. (See above)
- Note, for both questions, the "Make response mandatory" checkbox is selected. This means customers must complete the questions to submit the survey.
- If you want, you can edit the existing questions, delete them, or add more. Other question response forms include multiple-choice and checkboxes.
- What services and groups do you want the survey to go out for? The survey is set by default to go out to all your existing services and group bookings. In our example above, we changed this: we selected a couple of services, and all group bookings that get added directly in the calendar:
- Lastly, the settings for this survey. You'll see the box is checked for the survey to be activated. Surveys will only be sent if you select this box. The other settings allow you to override the standard communication settings. Click save, and you're done.
3. How to manage your survey settings
Go to the Settings tab, highlighted below.
Tip: the settings you apply here, will apply to all the surveys you create. You can always apply customised settings for individual surveys.
- You can upload a photo or your logo - this is optional. Whatever you choose to upload, it will appear on your survey landing page for all surveys.
- Next, select when the customer email, which includes the link to your survey, should be sent - and if it should be sent more than once.
- There are three customisable communication points: the email that goes out to customers, asking them to complete the survey: the survey landing page; and the survey "success" page - this appears after your customer answers their last question. We provide a list of variables for you to use in-app, so that you can personalise your messaging.
Important: remember to leave a gap before the first "%" and after the last "%" sign if you use variables! E.g. Dear %CUSTOMER_NAME%,
Important: don't leave space between the "%" and the variable. It should be always "%CUS…" and not "% CUS…"
- Note the settings options:
And, here's something really handy: you can preview your survey - the email, landing page, survey, and success page. Simply select the survey you want to test, your email address, and hit send.
4. How to check if a survey is sent
You can check all sent surveys from the tab Sent Survey. There you can search by customer name or email, filter by month, service or group service.
The shown surveys will indicate the date and time when it was sent, but here you will not see if the survey email was opened, delivered or had some bounce back issues.
To check what is the current status of a survey sent to a client, please head to Notifications tab in the main menu and open Email Status section.
Here you need to use the Segment filter and select Apps. Bear in mind that if you have other apps, such as Google Calendar sync or Office 365, it will also show those emails here. The emails can be differentiated by checking the app name above the email status, in the image above you can see all are with TIMIFY SURVEY.
When you hover over the status (OPENED, SENT, HARD BOUNCE) you will receive additional information from our mail provider SendGrid, stating the reason of the given status: