TIMIFY Queue works by taking your services and making them bookable as on-site consultations for walk-in customers. Customers join the queue and select the service they want by scanning the QR code displayed on your digital device, or from your touchscreen device.
Good to Know
- This app is for TIMIFY Enterprise users
- You need to have at least one digital device with internet access for the app to work, such as a tablet and/or TV screen
- To see how the app works for customers, check out this article
- How to Add a Queue
- How to Launch and Manage a Queue
- Good to know: Tips and What to Expect from the App.
1. How to Add a Queue
Access the app as an admin. Go to your settings tab, and from the "Manage Queue" menu, select the service category and service(s) you want to make available for customers as on-site consultations.
Hint: In the web app, we created a new service category, "In-Store Services" and added all the services we want to offer on-site to that category. We also assigned the resources who carry each service.
In the app, we simply selected the "In-Store Services" category and services. As the relevant resources are allocated to the services, we can make them available for our queue as we wish.
Select the days and times you want to offer the queue. Add intervals if you want to launch the queue at different times on the same day.
Step 3 (Optional)
Add a number prefix. You can change this any time: it can help you distinguish queues.
Hit save. Your settings are complete!
Go to the "Screen Display" tab. This is where you define your on-site messaging to customers. Follow the hints given in the yellow info box.
Hint: select the "Pull Ticket" option if you want to allow customers to join the queue from an interactive touchscreen device. This accommodates customers who don't have a smartphone or prefer not to use it, but still want to join the queue.
Step 5 (Optional)
Add priority customer types from the "Priority" tab. This feature allows qualifying customers to skip the waitlist and go to the top of the queue. Again, simply follow the hints given in the yellow info box.
Here's how sample priority types display after a customer selects a service from a touchscreen device:
That's it. You're all set!
2.How to Launch and Manage a Queue
Open the app from your navigation bar. Select the resource you want to serve the queue, and if you want, a workspace. The workspace dropdown lists all your dependent resources: if you select one it will get blocked out in your calendar for the duration of your queue.
As soon as a customer joins the queue, they'll appear in the waitlist in your "Queue" tab. They'll appear in order of the time they joined, and their priority status. To call the first customer, hit the call icon. When you start serving them, click on "start serving" to record the consultancy time. Remember to click the stop icon once you're finished. You also have the option to call the customer again, return them to the queue, or if they fail to attend, mark them as a "No show".
3. Good to know: Tips and What to Expect from the App.
- If you want to have multiple resources available for your queue, you need to have the resource log on to the app from another device and follow the steps above. Your queue can be served by as many resources as you have logins for. So if you have five resource logins for your account, you can set up five resources for your queue.
- When a customer is "called" and the resource starts the consultancy, the service is logged in your calendar automatically, in the resource's schedule. The length of the consultation is also recorded.